Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Today my good friend through several years Elisabeth and I went canoeing on Hurdalsjøen (a big lake not so far from home). We had planned this a while ago and luckily the weather couldn't have been much better. We had a great time paddling, eating (quite a bit), chatting, praying and laughing (We had an incident when I had to "go to the bathroom". There aren't really a lot of bathrooms out there and we stopped by this floating dock with a large water pump on it supplying water for large amounts of timber, and things happened and we had a laugh...)

We had some

really great

views.

Elisabeth and I have both a fascination for toes. I don't know why, but I suspect that it might have to do with the look of our own toes. Hers are quite funny looking, but mine are an attraction. People ask to see my toes if the want a laugh. Take a close look at the picture above if this makes you curious.




7 comments:

J Dart said...

Very excellent. I wish I could have been there to go canoeing as well!!

Anonymous said...

Great pics Hilde. I prefer the scenery to the toes though!

Freddy said...

Great!

Anonymous said...

You have moved to Blogger! Hm, interesting... =)

I LOVE canooing! It would be amazing to be able to do that in Norway...

Hilde said...

Hi Mathias! Yes, I moved to blogger. I think I like it better actually, even though that wasn't the reason for changing.

Actually I've thought the same thing about Finland. Isn't Finland the lake country? I'm sure there are lots of great places to canoe there!

Hilde said...

Tim,
I agree, hee hee:)

Anonymous said...

Yup, there are, but they are more often found inland, not as close to the sea shore as Helsinki. I have been canooing in eastern Finland, and it really is beautiful.

But Norway, my dream country (after Iceland)... it would be awesome!