Friday, March 30, 2007

How can they not love him?

Matt Redman sings:
”If you know you’re loved by the king,
sing, sing, sing!
If you know you’re loved by the King,
live for Him, live for Him!"

I ask myself whether it’s possible not to love God if you have experienced God’s love. I know some people that call themselves Christians, that grew up in christian families and still keep some faith. They pray every once in a while, but show no passion whatsoever about the name Jesus. I ask myself how that is possible. How can they not love him if they know how much he loves them? God’s love is amazingly great! He, himself, died for my sake. And for your sake. If we know we’re loved by the King, we really ought to sing to him and live for him!

It also strikes me how his love is the only thing that can make me sing to him and live for him. My love for him is simply response to his love for me. I love him only because he loved me first.

No comments: