Thursday, August 14, 2008

Settled in Bergen
After four days in Bergen I feel like I am pretty well settled in the apartment. We are now four girls living here, expecting the fifth during the weekend. I’m impressed with the work Anne Guro and Renathe have done here before I arrived. They have painted walls and cupboards during the first week here and now it looks really nice. The apartment is a lot bigger than I am used to from Oslo. There are four large bedrooms, a big livingroom, an ok kitchen, a spacious hall, and of course a bathroom and a couple of small storage rooms. Even my bed room which is the smallest is quite roomy with a big window.
I’ve already spent a few hours reading in my room. I love to be able to close the door behind me and be all by myself reading a book or being with God. But that’s not the only thing I’ve been doing so far, and I’m not only sitting in my room, as some might exaggeratedly assert, since I do like to be alone to some degree. Heehee. Yesterday we hosted a little surprise birthday party here, which was very nice and a good opportunity for me to get to know people here a little better. I have also been trying to get a general view of the town, going for walks. I went to the movies by myself (since the girls here were busy) on tuesday night, watching The dark knight. I enjoyed it very much.
The weather has also been nicer than I expected. There has been some rain every day, but also some sun, and on tuesday night the sky was all blue and beautiful. I am encouraged. We’ll see how long it lasts. -The nice weather, I mean.

1 comment:

Renathe said...

Oh, darling - now you´ve seen that the beautiful weather in Bergen is just marvelous...???!!