Monday, August 04, 2008

August is definitely a summer month. It's the month of ripe blueberries in the woods and golden fields. It's the perfect month for hiking in the mountains, because the snow from last winter will for the most part have melted by then. The lakes have had time to warm up to a pleasant temperature, which makes any sunny day perfect for swimming. It's the month for garden parties, serving strawberries, raspberries, currants or apple pie with cream or vanilla ice cream...

We're only in the beginning of August, but I feel like the summer is almost over. I know it is only in my head. The fact that I'm moving to rainy Bergen in less than a week, and starting school in two weeks hastens the fall, I guess. Don't get me wrong. -I've been looking forward to this fall since January. I am very excited about the fall. It will be a great fall. Even in rainy Bergen. Actually it will be best in Bergen, because that's where I'm going to be, and I really like to think that I am at the best possible place at the best possible time.

Anyway, I thought I'd wrap up this summer with a few pictures.












Here we had my aunt and uncle visiting us in Risør one day. We decided to barbeque. It was of course my suggestion. Love barbequeing.


This is me eating burnt pizza at Stangholmen, Risør. Eccept from burnt food, Stangholmen is a wonderful place where I have went sunbathing and swimming several summers. I also attended a concert with Sondre Lerche there once. Very good.

My grandma turned 90 in June. We went to Risør to celebrate her together with my aunt, grandma's sister and brother, and her neighbours through thirty-fourty years. I think she had a really good time even though she didn't remember it was her birthday, and didn't recognise me.




















I guess I should have had my picture taken in my work outfit at ICA Theresesgate. After all it is inside of that store I have spent most of this summer.

No comments: